Monday, April 30, 2018

Hey, I Love you

This past winter we had an opportunity to travel to Arizona and meet up with Abby's parents. While in the Apache Junction area we stopped at a local burger place and were eating outside. The table next to us had a young couple, teenage children and a grandmother. The grandmother was having a discussion of how we all need to show more love and respect to one another. The older teen asked his grandma, "Even those guys over there?", to which the grandma said yes! I am not sure if he was attempting to prove his elder wrong or just trying to comply, but he looked at my mother-in-law and said "Hey, I Love you" to which my mother-in-law replied, "Thank you, I love you too". We had a great conversation with these "new friends" and I realized just how easy it CAN be to make the world a better place. We focus so much on what offends us, how different "those guys are" and what is wrong with our fellow citizens that we loose our focus on what is great. I was happily surprised by how easy it was to span differences with some just common curtsies and respect. So my Challenge to you for the month of May is this, "spread some love and look for commonality!

No comments:

Post a Comment