The following is a letter we got from our construction crew working on the third street loop project. I wanted to share the current plans with everyone so that they knew as much as we do as far as the project status.
This email will serve as a notification of the work to expect within the week for the 2019 Street & Utility Improvements project which encompasses work within Walnut Street, 3rd Street, Clay Street and the intersections of Clay St & 4th St and Walnut St & 4th St.
Construction items completed last week:
- Elcor Construction has in place the temporary water throughout the project.
Please avoid handling temporary water lines.
- Elcor has done the connection tie-in on West Street & 3rd Street, Clay Street & 4th Street and Walnut Street & 4th Street.
Traffic control signage is up and will remain in place for the remainder of the project.
- Sanitary Manhole and it’s connections were completed on 4th Street & Walnut Street intersection.
- Silt Fence to protect any project runoff has been placed through the park and on the backside.
Please avoid tampering with the silt fence as this protects any runoff into the bodies of water along the park.
- Elcor provided a temporary rock entrance on West Street & 3rd Street to ease in/out vehicular traffic.
Below are a list of Construction items scheduled to take place this week:
- Elcor Construction (Contractor), now utilizing two crews, will perform watermain mainline work within the intersection of 4th St & Walnut Street and continue the mainline heading south from both intersections on 4th Street (Clay St & Walnut St).
- Watermain shutdown to make connections to existing main– Impacted residents will be notified prior to shut down.
- Storm Sewer along the way on the south side of the project is also projected to be done (scheduling tentative).
This schedule is weather dependent and is subject to change.
*Reminder: Please mark garbage cans with your address and set them out near the road the night prior to your scheduled garbage day. Elcor will bring them to a central location to be collected and bring them back at the end of the day.