Friday, March 30, 2018

April Showers

March 27, 2018
Kindness is its own reward
I have posted an experience that occurred a week ago on my blog and I wanted to share it with the rest of my neighbors. On Friday night we went out for dinner. Abby and I both had a nice steak dinner and the kids each selected something good as well. When we were ready for the check the waitress did not come over for a little bit, and when she did finally come over she told us we were good to go and that our check had been picked up by the table next to us. The waitress asked if that was one of my friends and I told her no. Since we all know that if you receive a Random Act of Kindness that it brings bad karma if not repaid, so while looking for my options to pay-it-forward I decided that part of my repayment would be to issue a challenge for my neighbors. I know Mantorville residents love to volunteer, donate and help others. Here is my challenge to my fellow residents. Look for an opportunity to do something nice for someone else, it doesn’t have to be buying dinner maybe it is simply spending some of your time helping someone. I assure you I will follow up on my pay-it-forward of a RAK and I encourage each of you to start a brand new chain and not wait for the opportunity to repay a RAK.

Cell Coverage
If you have followed my blog or read many of my past articles, you will know that we have been pushing to get an antenna array on top of the water tower to increase the options available to Mantorville residents for their cellular service provider. We were informed that AT&T has plans to start the installation of the equipment early this spring. We are looking forward to our partnership with AT&T and welcome this expanded service coverage. I will post pictures of the ground breaking and keep everyone posted as to the progress.

Bus Stop Security
The City has installed a wireless security device in the bus stop on Bergmann drive. We hope that this device will help deter any future vandalism. The bus stop is for the benefit of our students while they wait for a ride to school. Vandalizing these structures is causing harm to a facility designed for the comfort of our students and the City is committed to taking the necessary steps in order to protect these assets. Please respect our community and protect our mutual assets and report any observations of damage or vandalism to the Sherriff’s office.

Yours in Service

Chuck Bradford
Mayor, City of Mantorville

No comments:

Post a Comment