Monday, October 24, 2016

Thank You Law Enforcement


October 24, 2016
Law Enforcement Celebration:
There is going to be a celebration for all of Dodge County Law Enforcement personnel at the Event Center in Kasson October 27 at 6:00pm. With all the negative publicity around law enforcement in the National News, I thought it was time to change the narrative. I felt best way to change the narrative was by starting local. When I was at the Republican National Convention this last summer I meet an office ,Chris, who was a veteran on the Cleveland police force for over twenty five years and he told me that he has never had anyone just thank him for a job well done. I though about that for quite awhile and it just didn’t make sense to me. These are the brave men and women who are our first line of defense between lawlessness and order, how is it possible that we don’t thank them? I knew after that conversation that I wanted to do something in a meaningful way to say “Thank You” to our local law enforcement. After I mentioned the idea to some of my friends we thought the best way to say thank you was to host an event where we could get to meet these men and women and just say thank you in person. I would like to thank all of our Sponsors for this event, with out who support this event would not be possible.
  • Mantorville City Council member, Will Lambert
  • Mantorville Mayor, Chuck Bradford
  • The City of Mantorville
  • The Dodge County Republicans
  • Mark Hanson
  • Senator Dave Senjem
  • Six Mile Grove
  • The Event Center

Thank you so much to each of our sponsors and more importantly thank you to all of our officers, clerks, bailiff, posse members and staff! The Citizens of Dodge County do appreciate all that you do for us!


Dennison Park Equipment:
Many volunteers helped the park board install the reclaimed playground equipment in Dennison Park. The equipment was part of the old school and when the school property was put on the market by a private individual, the City was able to secure the old playground equipment for re-use within a City park. The Park Board has been planning the new home for the equipment since the donation was made and the committee finally determined that the corner of Dennison field would be the best location. Many volunteers made this installation a success. I wanted to say thank you to everyone that donated food, equipment or pitched in with the hard work. I know this will be a great opportunity for our younger citizens because there were several bikes circling while the installation was underway.

Fifth Street Update:
I am updating my blog with the fifth street project current status. I have updates regarding the start and expected completion, the affect of the project on the mail routes and even some pictures of the progress on my blog located at MayorBradford.BlogSpot.com. The project is well underway and the City Engineer thought we might be able to establish a one-lane path through the construction area. If we are able to do this I will update my blog with that information.

Waste Water Treatment Plant:
The city has secured temporary financing for the start of our WWTP project. The State Legislature still has not determined its final allocation for project money and therefore the City of Kasson and City of Mantorville were required to establish some gap financing so that each of our projects could move forward. The project is due to start next week with work closer to Kasson and possibly some work going under the river. Any significant updates with this project will be posted to my blog as well.

Yours in service, 

Chuck Bradford,
Mayor - City of Mantorville 
MantorvilleMayor@Gmail.Com 
MayorBradford.BlogSpot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment