Monday, January 13, 2014

Merry Christmas


                                                                                                                                 December 23, 2013

It has been over a year since my neighbors asked me to be their mayor and I remain humbled by the honor that you have placed with me. While I start to gather information for my state of the city article in January I can't help but reflect on some of our success over the past year. Some of these I will over in my article in January but some of the big things worth noting are the efforts the city engaged in to  not only find a solution to our urgent waste water treatment problem but also finally start to intensify our efforts on infrastructure needs. The city was able to work with our sub committees on budgets and proposed projects so we could pursue two major projects next year while keeping taxes low. None of this would have been possible with out the hard work and dedication of your council members, the cooperation of the city's sub committe chairs and their members. I am proud of our council and city groups for the level of effort everyone has put in to make Mantorville a true gem of a place to live.

When we get busy, we tend to focus less attention on some of the things that really matter most. This time of year we are given the opportunity to acknowledge those people that are most important in our lives and also we are given an opportunity to reach out to our  neighbors that are in need. Remember to spend some extra time with your family, take some time to help someone else and remember those that have placed themselves in harms way so that we may enjoy this season. May the joy and love of this season find its way into your heart and may all of you have Merry Christmas, a happy Hanukkah and very safe and prosperous new year.

Yours in service

Chuck Bradford, Mayor - City of Mantorville
MayorBradford.BlogSpot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment