Monday, March 8, 2021

Council at Full Strength

 March 8, 2021

The appointment for the two open seats were filled tonight. The appointment process first was a secret ballot where all three candidates (Bill Kinney, Kent Keller and Jeff Ingalls) received 2 votes. In situations like this any "game of chance" or "form of lottery" is allowed. After an extensive search for straws and coins a quarter was secured. The coin was flipped and each candidate called heads or tails while the coin was in the air. This took three rounds and finally Bill Kinney and Kent Keller won the toss and were appointed to fill the two open seats. I want to thank Jeff, Bill and Kent for their willingness to serve our community. I asked Jeff Ingalls if he would be willing to serve on the EDA because we have an open seat on that body as well. Jeff said he would be willing to serve the community this way.

I wanted to thank Don Hofstad and Henry Blair who set the record straight during our meeting tonight  regarding a recent letter to the editor. I also wanted to thank everyone that approached me tonight and shared comments of support and appreciation for the hard work the council and I have performed. I know my community knows the truth and I appreciate your support.

Congratulations Kent and Bill, I know each of you will bring new insight and passion to our council and our community.

No comments:

Post a Comment